Diets don’t work, you may have heard this before but how many times have you started a new diet or been told that someone is starting a new diet ?
How many times have you quit a diet because it is too hard or you lost weight but gained it all back after you went off the diet ?
It is time to regain control of your eating habits and take care of you ! For many years I have tried fad diet after fad diet and the weight never stayed off, as soon as the diet is over it was back to “normal” life and eating anything. That is why making the choice to live healthy is the best solution, not only will you be eating foods that your body can actually use but you will learn how to nourish your body and feel good about what you are eating.
- Create a menu
- Perimeter shop: Shop the outside aisles of the grocery store, fresh produce, dairy and butcher is where you will find the healthier choices.
- Grocery shop solo: get in and get out quickly without anyone bugging you for that candy bar or ice cream!
- Look for and avoid hidden sugars in food
- Read Labels
- Avoid food made with trans fat and saturated fats
- Always look for the highest fiber content products