At home, going to the gym several times a week and eating low-calorie food 24/7 gets boring fast. But when you’re on vacation, diet and exercise take on a whole new meaning. So, the next time you leave town, leave your fitness woes behind and follow through for once. While it’s tempting to veg out and lay around all day when you’re away, all you need is a plan and a good attitude.
Let’s get to it. Here are 9 ways to lose weight on vacation!
1. Don’t sit still : Pack a jump rope and do 30-50 , 3 times a day.
Try staying somewhere that has a gym, get up early and go do 30 mins on the treadmill or get outside for a run !
2. Get Sleep ! it is very important to get your proper rest even on vacation, staying up late leads to over eating and late night snacking.
3. Eat light : Remember, eating large meals on vacation will only make it harder to get back on track when you get home, the goal is to maintain your weight or even lose weight while on vacation! Take the challenge 🙂
4. Pack your work out clothes !
5. Don’t skip meals : skipping meals will only slow down your metabolism!
6. Skip dessert!
7. Drinks ! everyone enjoys a couple of drinks on vacation, stick to low-calorie/sugar alcohol beverages such as, Skinny Margarita, Vodka Tonic’s, Rum & Diet, Wine.
8. Stay Hydrated ! Make sure you are getting 64 oz of water a day, this will greatly help keep you on track !
9. Don’t Stress & HAVE FUN! Vacation is not a vacation unless you leave with memories 🙂